Never been to an OWASP AppSec conference? Here’s a bit of info to provide some background.
What is OWASP?
OWASP is a nonprofit community organization with 200 chapters in over 100 countries around the world. Our mission is to make software security visible, so that individuals and organizations worldwide can make informed decisions about true software security risks. Our wiki has a wealth of security knowledge and we are well known for many of our influential security projects. The OWASP AppSec conferences represent our largest outreach efforts to advance our mission of spreading security knowledge. These events help fund the non-profit organization and provide a great learning experience for everyone involved. Many thanks to our conference sponsors, OWASP foundation sponsors, and most importantly the OWASP community!
What Happens at an AppSecUSA Conference?
- Technical talks by experts in security, devops and cloud
- Panels to debate tough topics
- Training sessions for hands on learning in top security areas
- Keynotes from industry leaders
- Vendor booths to promote the latest advances in security technology
- A variety of other activities such as recruiting fair, capture the flag, security tool training, and more
Check out the previous conferences to get even more information on what to expect.